On Aug 17, 2006, at 7:13 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

> If I had the choice between two otherwise identical, equally priced
> printers, I'd choose the one with the smallest droplet size.

Well, sure, as long as everything else actually is equal -- but
everything else are those hard to quantize in numbers things that
people never think about when shopping.  And how do you compare?

When buying the 7500, I spent eight hours in the showroom making prints
and drinking coffee.  The sales guys were wondering why I wanted to
print these funny images that for the most part lacked punchy, bright
colours and kept showing me samples with punchy bright colours.

The 7500 outclassed everything -- it was also the first time I had seen
something that I would accept as a "photographic print".  Of course, in
those good old days I was looking at eight thousand dollar printers.

-Aaron