When my wife pointed out the architect's fee to manage the building
contract, and questioned its necessity, I asked her just how much more than
that fee a builder might gouge out of us once the back of the house was torn
out and we were dependent upon him.  We retained the architect without any
further discussion.

Regards,
Anthony Farr

DagT