Howdy, gang!

Would anyone care to share their opinions about film scanners?  My
Canon 8400F just won't cut it for color slides.  It's not capable of
resolving shadow detail, and high contrast images are a headache.  To
be realistic, I'm not looking for drum scan quality.  I am looking to
obtain a decent scan, with at least some shadow detail, that will
provide an image I can either downsize for the web, or print.  Prints
from the scans will never be larger than 8x10, and often will be 4x6
or 5x7.  I'm not necessarily looking for top of the line, or even new;
simply something that's better than my current scanner.  Any
recommendations?

Much appreciated!

--
Scott Loveless