----- Original Message -----
From: "cbwaters"
Subject: Hummingbird help

> So I've finally got some hummingbirds at my feeder on a regular basis.
> Who know how to capture them? (photographically, honest)
> Care to share tips?

Set up your camera in a blind focus on where you will take the picture
when a bird flies into range, and take pictures when a bird is in the
viewfinder.
My aunt had a hummingbird feeder outside her dining room window. I would
set up a telephoto lens in the living room and shoot through the window.
That won't get you the best hummingbird shots, being through window
glass and all, but it will let you observe these little creatures with
relative ease.

The lube shop beside the resteraunt where I worked once had a humming
bird fly in through one of the overhead doors one day.
The little guy couldn't find his way out, and after a while just landed
and allowed himself to be captured.
We gave it some honey from the restaurant and water, and after a while
he had some honey and then flew away.

William Robb