I think it's a bit like half giving up smoking.  It doesn't work until you
stop having the occasional ciggy.  If you are using a variety of cameras,
some with aperture rings and some without, you'll never wean yourself off
the aperture ring habit.

But, like smoking, once you stop properly, you won't want to go back.  But
of course, your mileage may vary.

John