Recently I've been using the K24/2.8 quite a bit, and have found the focal
length to be very useful.  While I'm not ready to buy the FA* 24/2.0 right
now, it may be worthwhile to consider adding to my personal road map, so
I've some questions:

Is the lens only available in silver, or can it be had in black as well?

More important, how is it optically?  I seem to recall some people saying
that it wasn't very good - although I don't recall any specifics.

Boz's site mentions an AF/MF clutch.  What is that?  Does that mean the
lens can be used in auto focus mode and then adjusted manually without
having to take the camera out of AF mode, like some of the new DA lenses?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

Shel