Much to what you say, Marnie. However the one point you may need to be
more forgiving of is the wisecracks. Us poor males have a hard time
saying "I like you", so we tend to make friendly insults instead. It
comes out in our vernacular as "I know we are friends enough that this
is not a deadly insult". The problems happen when someone you do not
have that kind of relation with does it (then it is a deadly insult),
and you wind up in a flame war. In my case I did that frequently with
Wheatfield, Knarf, Cotty, and occasionally with someone I have actually
met face to face. It is one of those male bonding things, and tends to
indicate the list is a friendly place to be.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com