I don't know about the contrast (I'm not that smart, yet :) but I like
the low angle of the lighting and the subject.   the left feels a
little empty, but when I imagine something there, it feels cluttered,
so I am not sure.... I am also really tired, so that may have
something to do with it too.... :)

russell