After posting my comments I began to think about what I said.  Can
anyone make a case for CF cards as being a better choice than SD cards,
apart from some CF cards having a greater capacity than the current
highest capacity SD cards?

Shel

-----

Make a case? The case for me is that it feels like Pentax has
gratuitously slapped me in the face. I bought an *ist D and supported
Pentax at a time when the company was reeling. In return, Pentax won't
even explain why CF cards have been abandoned.

It's not the money, gang. I know that SD cards are inexpensive. I am
really offended by Pentax treating me this way.

A Pentax rep once described Pentax managers to me as "arrogant." Yep.

Joe