Joe,

You are ridiculous.  The attitude Pentax has displayed over lenses is that
it has kept better compatibility than any other manufacturer, and shows no
sign of changing that now.  When they discovered that some people wanted
to use thirty year-old lenses on the *ist D, they issued a fix so that
they could do so.

That's what I call loyalty to customers.

John