Dear John,

A couple of friends recently sold their home in Berkeley.  They got
$1,850,000 for it.  During the time their house was for sale the market
softened, and they didn't get the $2,100,000 they were asking for it.  John
complained that he lost $250,000.  I asked how much he paid for the house,
about five years ago.  He said $825,000.  Hmmm - seems to me he made more
than a million on the deal, but he could only see the "loss."

Shel