Jim Apilado wrote:

> Whoever owned it wanted a way to lock up
> thee mirror and had Pentax install a switch
> to allow it.

Are you sure Pentax installed it?  I doubt it.  More than likely it
was someone like Marty at NYC's Professional Camera Repair.  Lot's of
good repair shops have modified many cameras over the years, but I've
rarely, if ever, heard of the manufacturer making major modifications
for just one camera.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]