Digital Image Studio wrote:
> On 28/08/06, Douglas Newman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>--- "Digital Image Studio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>><< a user can buy a bog stock body, granted they are
>>expensive but not unreasonably so. >>
>>
>>>From B&H:
>>
>>Leica M7: $3,495
>>Voigtlander Bessa R3A: $549.95
>>
>>Is the M7 really worth more than more than SIX times
>>the price of the R3A?
>>
>>I find this extremely hard to believe.
>>
>>There is no doubt that Leica can produce some
>>magnificent glass and even excellent cameras.
>>Unfortunately, I find their prices to be absolutely
>>outrageous...
>

> If you've owned both you'd know that they aren't the same league of
> camera in build or use, same goes for Leica vs new Voigtländer glass.
> If you don't have the money then there is no question which poses
> better value.

 From what I've seen and handled, the only difference between the latest
Voightlander and Leica glass is that the Voightlander produces better
images for less money. I'm not fond of the rendering characteristics of
Leica's new ASPH lenses. Definite bias towards raw test numbers rather
than the pleasing rendering of their older designs. I'd distinctly
prefer older pre-ASPH Leica, or the new ZM and Voihgtlander glass.

-Adam