Kostas the Sacrilegious wrote:

> Note the filter on Erwitt's lens ...

> What is it?

> There's something so very beautiful about a
> well-brassed black-bodied camera.

> I just haven't figured it out yet.

My comment was made just to point out that a photographer as well-regarded
as Erwitt uses a filter.  So many people with somewhat lesser portfolios
religiously condemn  the use of filters and claim that they "degrade" the
image.  I guess Erwitt has figured a way to use a filter and become one of
the most prolific and highly regarded photographers in the world. Also, the
filter ring doesn't match the black of the camera body ... another mistake
by Erwitt.

As for you not seeing the beauty in a highly brassed black-bodied camera,
well, maybe one day you will.  The beauty is, imo, more than just physical.