> But, IMHO, removing stars from the night sky implies the feature isn't
> working properly.

The point is that the same feature might "work" under other conditions
in that it would make different kinds of pictures "look nicer", but some
of that nice look would still be based on the camera's assumption about
what the scene was like, not something that was actually recorded.

Such processing is of course quite all right in some contexts, but I
think the users have a right to know that what they're seeing is
"guesstimated" rather than recorded info, and I'd say such processing is
no real substitute for e.g. the extra data captured by an MF camera.

When I talked about removal of stars I referred specifically to
something that's been said about the Fuji DSLRs, by the way...

- Toralf