> Toralf Lund wrote:
>
>>> But it IS driven by ultrasonic frequency AC.
>>>
>> My point is that an AC frequency can't be "ultrasonic" since electricity
>> isn't sound. The vibration in a piezoelectric setup, on the other hand,
>> in a way is.
>>
>> - Toralf
>>

> Then there are no USM motors by your definition, which is incorrect btw.
> Ultrasonic is jargon, referring to frequencies just above the hearing
> range of humans. So an AC frequency above approximately 22KHz would be
> Ultrasonic.
No, I think you missed my point. Again, the "proper" USM motors are
driven by elements that vibrate when applied to an electric field. This
vibration is referred as ultrasonic, presumably because sound is also
just vibration in a material, and in this case, the frequency of
vibration is above the frequency of audible noise.

Running a traditional magnetic motor with a very high frequency voltage
is not the same thing at all.