I wouldn't miss it. I generally beleive that any automatic function requires
that you know how to outsmrrt it. In other words - more automatics means
more thinking and more errors. I recently talked to someone who was going to
graduate as a photographer shortly.  She told me that they are taught to use
only manual exposure controle. This is the only way to know - at least -
most of what's going on.

If at all, I would prefere auto ISO setting like this:
Set ISO automatically within a certain interval, i.e. ISO 200-800.
For really critical work - like concert shots, it would be great to be able
to tell the camera this:
Use 800-3200 ISO but don't ever go below 1/60 secs. This way I could set the
aperture (Av) to F.4 and get good / useable shots every time :-)
A grainy shot is still better than an unsharp shot.

The ISO setting would vary instead of the shutterspeed. Perhaps the K10D
works something like this in Sv mode? Wouldn't that be just GREAT!

Jens Bladt
http://www.jensbladt.dk
+45 56 63 77 11
+45 23 43 85 77