> Ok I should have asked this a few days ago but...
> Thurs night we went to see Chihuly nights at Mo. Botanical gardens.   It was
> a lovely evening spent with my mother, daddy and my baby girl.  The Blown
> glass was beautiful.  My problem was no tripods or monopods were allowed in
> the gardens.  Would there have been a way to fix this.  I took a few decent
> pictures but nothing that I have even put up on my blog yet.  I guess I am
> disapointed.  does anyone have any pointers in case I find myself in this
> position again? I shot with my ist ds.
> sandy

Fast glass would be a good start. You can also always lean against
something - a tree, a doorway - that always helps in a pinch. Another
trick I like to use when shooting at slow shutter speeds is to take a
deep breath, let it out slowly with my finger on the shutter button,
and at the end of the breath, release the shutter. It's not foolproof,
but it helps. Basically, just try to stay as still as you can.

Amita