In a message dated 9/12/2006 10:53:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
On Sep 12, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> ...I think a lot of current Pentax users are going to be very
> pleased with
> this camera and its value, and perhaps it will move those who might
> buy a
> Nikon, Canon, or a Sony into the Pentax fold.
=======
Well, based on me, some will brands switch too.

Of course, I started with Pentax, the K1000, so I always thought well of
Pentax. But there may be some others out there who did too, although lots now
started with digital. But it was only five-six years ago I had the K1000 (for a
photography class).

For me, I fell in love with IS on my Canon 18-135, even though it is not my
best glass. And I now have a very good, perfect for me, Canon line up of
lenses:  17-40 4 L, 28-135 IS, 70-200 4 L, 50 2.8, and a Tamron 90 SP Macro.

But you know the 70-200 is almost unusable, because I can't handhold it. I've
tried and it doesn't work unless my shutter speed is high -- but I shoot AV.
And I am not going to tripod it all the time. Of course, Canon is coming out
with a 70-200 4 L IS, but the cost is $1,200+.
Six of one half a dozen of another, the new Pentax lenses will be about the
same.

However, SR will work with all lenses. Not to mention the 22 bit thing which
will increase color selection and tonal range.

It looks like a no brainer, as long as I hear that it actually works as
promised.

So I will still wait a bit to hear all your feedback, but it does look like a
no brainer. I have a Digital Rebel, and Canon's higher end cameras cost a lot
more.

Marnie