I was just writing up a description on an A3000 that I'm putting on eBay
and I found myself wondering what all those contacts were doing on the lens
mount when the A-series lenses only had the one switch contact.

I'd have to guess that Pentax was just getting ready in advance for the
inevitablity of auto-focus and matrix metering (although, come to think
of it, those extra contacts aren't necessary for matrix metering).

Anyone have any definite information? I can't imagine that all those extra
contacts are connected to anything inside the A3000, but I'm not about to
start taking it apart to find out!

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com