Op Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:12:13 +0200 schreef David Savage
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Have a look here Shel:
>
> <http://www.arach.net.au/~savage/Misc/Misc_014.html>
>
> The circled lever is the aperture simulator on my LX. This is how the
>
> body knows what the lens aperture is set to. The lever and the
> associated electronics are what is missing from all the DSLR's & is
> why we have the "green button kludge".
>
> The lower picture shows the lever on my M50mm f1.7. In this shot it's
> set at f22, but it's position changes depending on the set f stop.

I think you picture the diafragm release and the diafragm actuator (nine
o'clock position in the mount, right?). Those are the pins responsible for
actually stopping the lens down at exposure time, and definately still
there in the digital bodies and lenses. The missing ones are at the two
o'clock position when facing the camera.

Does not invalidate the explanation, though :o)

--
Regards, Lucas