On 16/09/06, Bill Lawlor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My quandry is about the power supply for the K10D. I'm unfamiliar with L-ion
> batteries, chargers etc. What kind of capacity might I expect from a charged
> battery? I will use RAW files, flash very seldom, if at all. How long would
> it take to recharge the batteries? Will the charger work on Indian 200-220
> 50 cycle mains? Is the K10D a camera with wonderful features but tethered to
> a home/studio environment?

Hi Bill,

It appears that the camera will deliver from 500-700 shots with 50%
flash, not sure if this is RAW but in any case sans flash I'd expect
750-1000 shots per charge (depending on TFT use). Charging time I have
no idea but I would expect it to ship with a universal charger that
would cope with the Indian mains power.

> What kind of company sells a camera using only L-ion batteies and lists a
> power cord for, I assume the battery charger, as an "optional accessory"?

Power adaptor for powering the camera body from the mains, it will
ship with a charger (and cable to suite the local market I'd assume).

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA