Rethink that, Adam. You need center elements bigger than that. The front
element has to be larger still. The aperture openings are the size you
state. And since they outlawed the use of stuff like thorium glass, the
elements have to be larger than they did in older lenses (that is one of
the reasons why current high-speed lenses are so damn bulky).

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com