David A. Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Since I'm intending to buy a 67 at some stage (I've decided
that I don't need
> the extra features of the 67II): how do you activate the
mirror lockup?  I don't
> know how to cock the shutter without film in the camera so I
couldn't try the
> "mystery switch" on the left of the lens mount, which I
thought might be the
> MLU control.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Dave,

The shutter can be cocked by opening the back, turning the frame
counter over the 0 (there is a dial for this on the advance
lever) and then, keeping the counter in position, closing the
back. This allows the shutter to work without film. You can
lock the mirror up only when the shutter is cocked, of course.
Forgetting the mirror up can drain the battery, though.
There is another way to do that, but a special key is needed.

Gianfranco