----- Original Message -----
From: "bc" <
Subject: Pentax 67 questions

> BTW, for the list members who may have experience with
> the 90mm F2.8 LS, is it generally considered a decent
> lens?  and what would the rough asking price for it be?

I have no idea of what a fair price is for the lens. I got mine
for Can$500, and I think I did OK, as B&H had one listed at the
time for US$600. The lens is remarkabley good, it is not prone
to flare, and is very sharp and contrasty. The lack of aperture
blades doesn't seem to adversely affect bokeh over much.
One caveat with the LS lenses, Pentax indicates a focal plane
shutter speed of 1/8th second for when using the lens shutter.
This is because of timeing issues with the leaf shutter
actuation, and must be adhered to, or you will damage the
shutter actuation mechanism, and possibly the aperture coupling
as well.
William Robb