I have seen other posts concerning IR photography and I seem to recall
some of us experimenting with it.

I was out playing around with my 72R IR filter yesterday afternoon. I
wasn't overly satisfied with my results. It was really windy, coupled
with long exposure times the leaves on the trees came out looking like
cotton, instead of leaves.

I seemed to notice the following patterns:

--  The results seem to be better if shooting in full (harsh) daylight.
Shooting in/into shadows can produce muddled results.

--  Tweaking the contrast in the final image seems to help.

--  A tripod is a must since you have to set up the shot (in the
viewfinder) without the filter, then put the filter on while being
careful not to move the camera. I'm also having to use 6-8 sec. exposure
times at f11.

--  There seems to be no way to setup the shot with the filter on...right?

Does anyone have any pointers on shooting IR photos??? I have an old
Presbyterian church that I want to shoot. The IR technique would produce
the "frosted" effect on the surrounding trees/grass, and make the sky
nice and dark (some nice white clouds would be a nice touch).

Thanks,
Mitch