Oh, lets make it more interesting. A hole is actually a molecule with
one or more missing electrons, hence holes, that can be picked up,
usually from an adjacent molecule. That explains all those moving holes
I had so much trouble understanding back when transistors came out. And
to finish off solid state electronics is made postible by having
material that will give off, and receive electrons easily. Hence, again,
those moving holes.

There, I have explained in one sentence what whole books have had
trouble getting across <GRIN!>, and no fair saying my explaination is
over simplified.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com