The watermark may be difficult, but old embossing machines can be bought
fairly cheaply.  There's nothing to stop a criminal enterprise from
buying a new one either.  There's no law controlling them as far as I know.

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein