> Anyway, this is my (little) story... I'd like to hear some reaction to
> that! Maybe this forum numbers some muslim photographers? That would be
> really interesting!
>
> Groeten,
>
> Vic

Vic, I would say probably something similar to Godders, try not to be
noticed, but if you are (as in your example) and someone wishes to not
be shot, then respect that.  And with that in mind I also agree with
Shel(?) that there are bound to be more photo ops in your immediate
area.  You have to pick your battles, and most likely one frame is not
worth battling over.  Also, I would say that religious objections to
being photographed are just as valid or invalid as any other reason
(The K10D records RAW and JPEG, maybe the K1D will record RAW/JPEG and
your soul!?!).  Meaning... some people are going to give you crap just
because they can.

wrt to others comments.......  yes, you must be careful about
generalising about Muslims, just as with any other group of people.
Feroze, who is Muslim, says that there are different sects of Muslims
with different beliefs, and different individuals within the different
sects with different beliefs, just as with any other group of people.
For example: I am an Evangelical Christan, and I do drink alcohol.
Not because I think it wrong but it is my personal preference.  There
are other Christians I know who do not drink because it is wrong, and
still others who do not believe it is wrong, and drink because *that*
is their preference.  (Note: my point is not what is right and wrong,
but that different people from the same 'group' often have different
points of view.)

wrt to yet other comments....... while I completely despise political
correctness, I believe it is important to respect beliefs and cultures
of other people.  There are a few comments made in this thread that if
I were Muslim, I might take offense to (of course, I realise I cannot
make statements for others).  My point being, that while I personally
do not believe Islam to be true, it is important that I have respect
for the people and the culture.  And while, especially for Americans,
the topic of Islam/Muslims can be rather inflammatory, it is important
to realise that not all Muslims are militant and to think about our
comments out of respect for our Muslim friends here on the list (and
else where).  (NOTE: my point has nothing to do with Islam, but not
making rude comments about other religions/beliefs/life styles.)

Okay, I am done with the community soap-box, it is now available for
other's use. (I hope I don't fall off this tall horse, I might sprain
my ankle  :)

Russell