On Sep 25, 2006, at 5:46 AM, Ralf R. Radermacher wrote:

>> you must feel very insecure about your own views and your society.
>
> Not about my views but very much about society.
>
> I see that the whole planet is being transformed into one giant police
> state. I see that our established politicians are messing up our
> democracy to the extent that the nazi fascists have had a ball at last
> weeks regional elections in East Germany. I see that our rights and
> civil liberties are being nibbled away at an alarming rate.
>
> The last thing we need is another group of religious zealots imposing
> their antediluvian rules and beliefs on us.

I agree 100%, Ralf.  The major threat to humanity today is religious
fundamentalism, regardless of the religion.  Here in the USA we have
the so-called "fundamentalist Christians" seeking to take away our
rights and impose their narrow-minded view of the world.  In many
other parts of the world we have muslim extremists seeking to do the
same.  The idea of just leaving people alone to live their lives as
they see fit is anathema to both of these groups.

Bob