Right, here's my 2 cents worth:
My favourite kind of shots are macros- come to think of it, 90% of the photos I
take are macros.

I use Pentax bodies with a Tamron 90/2.8 macro lens (bought a couple of years
earlier when life was a lot harder and the Pentax 100/2.8 was something I could
only dream about)

I think it's a little unfair that I should be left out of the gallery because
circumstances forced me to go third party; on the other hand, I can see that
putting up the gallery month after month is an enormous task and the people who
do this have every right to stipulate what can go in.

My present PUG entry is taken with a Kodak P&S digital. I hope my entry didn't
have anything to do with sparking this off as I had checked the submission
guidelines very carefully before submitting.
RK