--- "Amita Guha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<< I saw the Sony Alpha today and was shocked at how
plasticky and cheap it felt. >>

It's not THAT bad... Don't get me wrong; it's not GOOD
but have you ever felt a Canon Rebel? Now they REALLY
feel like crap... Next to those, the A100 doesn't feel
so bad.

But it is definitely worse than the Nikon D50/D70/D80
and if the K10D is actually better than an *ist D (or
even as good as it), then the K10D will blow away any
other camera in the price range as far as build
quality is concerned.

<< I know it's much cheaper than the K10D is supposed
to be >>

It is? That's news to me.

I just checked and, yes, both the K10D and the A100
sell for $999 with kit lens, $899 without.

New Doug