Bob Shell wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2006, at 12:51 AM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
>
> > Hehe I have an 80G external harddrive.... one of the things
> > I can't use
> > today because of the apparently dead USB ports.  The USB
> > ports are NOT working
> > since the cable guy tried to connect the modem directly with
> > a USB cable.
>
> Get a local computer tech to come and fix your problems and send the
> bill to the cable company.

I think I'm going to get a local computer tech to fix it for
free, actually.

> Someone here in this town sued the cable company in small claims
> court for screwing up their computer and won.  The cable company
> bought them a new computer.

I can't tell you how painful that kind of procedure is for
me -
But I have been screaming at them...

> If their "technician" messed things up it is their obligation to fix
> the problem.
>
> Bob

Trouble is I can't replay exactly what he did and I had been
overloading the
USB ports without a hub.  The techie did report on the
receipt that my
mouse died - anywa, it's all too long a story to bore you
all with though
just getting offers of help and suggestions from all of you
is good for
my state of mind :)

ann