On 30/9/06, Mark Roberts, discombobulated, unleashed:

>The problem (or advantage, depending on how you look at it) is that
>the university gets good package deals from Adobe: One low price for
>Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, Encore and Premiere.

That makes sense. To be honest, working with NLE is like choosing a pair
of shoes ;-)

>What are the shortcomings of Premiere that you know about? Perhaps I
>can start to argue for an alternative.

These pages might start you off...

<http://www.computerarts.co.uk/reviews/software/video/avid_xpress_pro>

<http://www.lafcpug.org/feature_fcp_vs_avid06.html>

If cost is a decision-maker (and when isn't it?) then Premiere is the
way to go.

they all do the job, but I notice that Avid and FCP tend to be very
prevalent in UK broadcast.

HTH

--

Cheers,