But, it's a superior glass protector because it's from Pentax. ;)

Later post to read....

I dropped my new Canon lens first off of a 10 story building, butter fingers...
The filter came through in tact but the every element in the lens shattered
the lens barrel punched through the light box and out the back of the camera.
I was able to put the filter onto a new.....