Or maybe kit means that not just any idiot can design coatings as good.
Just because there's some software out there that helps design such
coatings doesn't mean that it comes with 30+ years of experience with
coatings, collaboration with other great lens makers, and a "feel" for
quality optics and coatings.  I'd suggest that if they could, they would.
Or, maybe they can, but they won't for reasons of cost or time or some such.

Shel