Ann, Windows Power Toys at various times included a quick resolution
change utility that installed as a monitor icon in the system tray
allowing you immediate access to every resolutions that your
card/monitor combination would support.  It was incorporated into
various sub versions of Windows and some card manufactures also included
something like it with their bundled software.  There may be something
like that already on your machine.  I always though it was useful
because I run a bunch of older programs that don't follow current rules
for resizing with resolution changes.  I don't run XP so I'm not as
familier what may be available built into XP.  I will look into if for you.

Ann Sanfedele wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>>In a message dated 10/3/2006 11:07:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>it doesn't take care of everything, actually.
>>
>>I've been treating myself to freecell - however, I can't
>>bring the freecell window up
>>to fill up the screen.. although the type on the tool bar
>>for it got big.
>>
>>sigh

>>=========
>>What I told you about will take care of fonts on the desktop, in the Windows
>>file explorer (the directoy/file management thing), and quite a few others.
>>However, a lot of time you have to adjust fonts within a program. For
>>instance,
>>with Word, I go in and adjust the view size to 150% rather than 100%. That
>>works in some programs.
>>

>Yes, on my old machine I've done that.
>

>>But some older programs when used on XP will not go to a full window. They
>>were designed for a smaller resolution screen. So even using the maximize box
>>on
>>the title bar (the box next to the red X close box) may not do it.
>>

>Exactly....
>

>>I can't full window my solitaire program that I used extensively in Windows
>>Me, and still use a lot. (I play 40 Thieves a great deal). So I just use it
>>the
>>way it is. It fills about 3/4th of the screen in XP, where it once filled the
>>whole window in Me. You can always set the screen resolution down, but I find
>>that not worth it. The higher resolution is better for photos.
>>
>>HTH, Marnie
>>

>Yeah I dont want to change the res just for free cell...
>the small screen will keep me from using it too much!
>
>ann
>
>hmmm what is HTH?
>

>>--
>>PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>>PDML@pdml.net

Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein