> From: Doug Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/10/05 Thu PM 12:20:49 GMT
> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: Need some help with lens reasembly...
>
> mike wilson wrote:
>
> > If you look at parts 506, 508 and 509, they are the ones you
> > want to refit, along with the detent ball and spring on the
> > opposite side.  They will go in place on the main lens body
> > and the aperture ring will slip over them.  If only....
>
> Would an appropriately sized piston ring compressor from the auto parts
> store help hold everything in place while you slip it into the barrel?

I suspect something like that will be the official tool to do this job but a
normal ring compressor would probably be too thick and get in the way.  I found
that I could tilt the ring enough to hold the ball in against the spring on one
side and then gently slip the other side over the rest of the gubbins.  After
about the 20th try and well over an hour searching for the fugitive ball
bearing.  It goes off like a Saturn V if you slip.

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software