Another advantage would be if you are like me, I set white balance
later.  So if I was shooting in incandescent light, a normal jpeg would
be wrong.  Shooting Raw+jpeg would have me end up with a poor jpeg.
Shooting raw alone and then later converting one image to jpeg in
camera, hopefully the white balance could be corrected.

--
Best regards,
Bruce