Perry Pellechia wrote:

> My point is that a decades ago people were saying digital cameras
> would never replace film.  I do not think most people feel this way
> today.   Read this story about the first digital image recorded by
> Kodak R&D labs 30 years ago:

Most people think whatever the promotional departments of large
corporations tell them to think.  If most people today feel that digital
has replaced film how come, from the same article, "....film, which
still accounts for the bulk of its profits...."?

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9261340/
>
> Quoting from the article:
> "The image took 23 seconds to record onto the cassette and another 23
> seconds to read off a playback unit onto a television. Then it popped
> up on the screen."
>
> Based on your logic they should have given up because this was not practical.

It wasn't and they did.  Modern digital picture technology bears little
resemblance to that.