From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Bliss
Sent: 8. oktober 2006 22:45
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: RE: k10d and manual-aperture lenses?

Tim,

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it.  :)  I feel bad for having set off
a landmine of ranting without knowing it...

I'm disappointed that the K10D hasn't readded the aperture linkage, but
I suppose I can tranfer my hopes to the K1D for a while anyway.

I guess the question I REALLY meant to ask was: what, if anything, does
dpreview's assertion that you can "use lens aperture ring" mean,
since it clearly doesn't mean what I think it means?  Even on A lenses,
I for one would much rather set the aperture using the lens aperture ring,
with a nice big custom-designed control, than use a stupid fiddly knob on
the camera body -- just like when doing manual focus I want to use the
lens focus control and not twiddle a potentiometer like on one of my old
Sony cameras (and most non-pro video cameras).

Thanks,
david

PS: Apologies in advance if you get a  duplicate copy of this message; my
MUA
is acting up.