----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"
Subject: RE: k10d and manual-aperture lenses?

> Wrong, you simply do not understand the situation. Its a
> Totally different story. Canon went to a new mount for TECHNICAL
> IMPROVEMENTS. Pentax has not gone to a new mount at all for any
> technical
> Gain. Its pure LOSS. No progress. Get it? We didn't give up something
> To get something in exchange, we just lost features of damn nice
> lenses
> For ZERO technical reason or improvement.

There were some pretty mad Canon users, no matter why the mount changed.
And those old FD lenses have pretty much been rendered obsolete.
The old Pentax lenses can still take fine pictures on modern equipment.

Life is too short to wear too tight underwear all the time.
If you really want to shoot with a DSLR using your old Pentax lenses,
then pick up a Pentax DSLR and take pictures. Lots of people do that
very thing.
If you don't want to use a DSLR with your old Pentax glass, then don't.
I doubt if anyone is going to come to your house and hold a gun to your
head to force it upon you.

This forum is probably the worst place for you to vent your spleen all
over the issue. If Pentax does, in fact, read what we whine about, then
what they are reading is one guy all pissfaced about compatability, a
couple of guys who agree, but got on with life, and a whole bunch of
users who consider it a non issue.
Every time it comes up, that it is a non issue gets reinforced again.

In other words, you are not helping your own cause, or the cause of the
people who would like reinstatement of the aperture simulator, but
aren't losing their minds about it.

William Robb