From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 11:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Slides vs digital

Even if the digital images are transferred to film, if the resulting color
saturation and contrast looks like film, then the digital image must have
been that good in the first place for film to capture it.

Furthermore, all-digital projection *is* coming. The most recent Star Wars
movie was shot directly onto computer, then edited and assembled and put
onto film for distribution. But a few places (with high-dollar equipment)
displayed it digitally, so what the viewers saw at the theatre were images
that had never been on film at all anywhere in the process.

There's a lot more of this kind of thing coming...