From: Bruce Dayton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 4:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Slides vs. digital

So just  how rich are you?  Much of what stays and goes is driven by cost.
When film is less utilized, the price to produce will go up and the price to
develop will go up.  After a while, manufacturers will quit making most of
the emulsions because it doesn't make them enough money.  We are already
seeing that with our precious slow films (Ektar 25, Ultra 50, etc.).  When
the cost per frame is prohibitive, then we'll see how well you can single
handedly keep it alive.

Bruce Dayton
Sacramento, CA