----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"
Subject: RE: The JCO survey

> Yes but what they did was IMPROVE their entire
> Mount, Penatax has done no such such thing
> Here. That's what I am talking about. Its all
> Loss with no gain. Canon EOS mount had a huge gain.
> There is no gain with new pentax cameras and lenses
> With regards to the mount. None.

It wasn't a huge gain for the FD mount camera users.
All the Canon boys that I talked to at the time thought it was a huge
loss for them, since they no longer had a replacement camera path of any
consequence.
You treat the millions of Canon FD users who were screwed as if they
didn't exist, and treat the few Pentax users who are a bit
inconvenienced as if they've been screwed.
I doubt if you see that, but I find it ironic.

William Robb