From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Carlos Royo
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:52 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Pentax DSLR - some questions before I decide

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
> All well and good, and no contradiction to what I said. I wouldn't
> choose it for doing architecture, however. Between the rendering
> quality and the need to do rectilinear correction with PTLens, I'd
> find it a pain. ;-)
>
> Godfrey

I agree that there is no contradiction. In fact, all the
"wide-to-normal" or "wide-to-small tele" zoom lenses that I know show
too much distortion for "serious" architecture photography. That is also

the case with the 16-45, judging from the photos I have seen and user
reports. But I also think that many zooms lenses are useful for that
kind of photography if the photographer understands their limitations
and can live with them, or is prepared to correct the shots in post
processing.

Carlos