From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 12:46 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: The JCO survey

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"

> You cannot prove this and I cannot prove otherwise
> But I would bet the demographics of SLR users is
> Much older than P&S shooters because P&S has been
> Mainstream for the past 20 Years while SLRS faded
> Out at that time.

>From my time in the business, I got a pretty good idea of the
demographics.
The SLR shooter is generally older than the P&S user, but it's more like

a few years than a few decades.
Gender is the bigger demographic separator, it was quite rare to see a
female who regularly used an SLR, and generally they had a reason to use

one, rather than an inclination, when they started with an SLR.
>From what I saw, the average first SLR buyer is a mid 20s male.

William Robb