From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Adam Maas
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:54 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K1D aperture simulator, part Three (III)- NOT

Except, based on the caveats I gave (Close to wide open, in good light),

your arguments are incorrect.

Your arguments are only correct for small apertures and low light. IN
which case, I focus wide open. And I rarely do the former, ant typically

use my open-aperture only gear for the latter.

-Adam

J. C. O'Connell wrote:
> It is NOT faster to focus stopped down, the wider DOF and dimmer image
> Makes it HARDER not easier to focus accurately. Why
> Do you think auto aperture cameras and lenses were developed
> Way back in the 50's? Because its easier and faster way
> To work. I know because I have been using those cameras
> For years and years too. Less DOF means easier focus. Period.
> I am not arguing how he works, I am arguing the REASON
> He gave.
> jco

Of