Mike Johnston wrote:

> I'm kind of thinking along similar lines. With digital covering snapshots
> and family pix, do I really need a 35mm any more? I'm thinking of maybe
> going to medium format for black-and-white printmaking and letting digital
> cover the rest of my needs.

The last time I thought about getting a whiz-bang new 35mm camera
(before the MZ-S came out), my final decision was that, for the money
that I'd spend on, say, an F-5, I'd much rather have a 645n.  Bigger neg
almost always means better picture.

Until the MZ-S came out, I was pretty much sold on never owning a new
35mm body.

To address a point from a post by Shel, I really don't find the
selection of film in 120 to be that limited.  Really, the only films
that I can't get are things like Gold Max and Kirkland...nearly all of
the pro films are represented.  Availability from location to location,
on the other hand, is more problematic.

-Aaron