No, its not more people sticking with film, its more people buyiing
New lenses to get the features back to shoot digital.
jco

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Savage
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 7:24 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K1D aperture simulator survey,part Deaux Now in Digest mode
to save bandwidth.

But I think you're placing too much emphasis on how much full K/M
support would be worth in new camera sales.

Take the PDML as an example. If the lack of full metering support was
such a deal breaker then there would be a lot more people here still
shooting film only. While most would prefer full K/M support, people
seem happy enough that they can at least mount their lenses & use them
to take pictures.

Also quite a few users new to Pentax are initially unaware that these
older manual focus K, M & A lenses can be mounted to their new DSLR
(the question has been asked many times on the  DPreview Pentax SLR
forum by newbie Pentax owners). So while you, me and everyone on this
list knows about it, & recognise it's benefit's, for a lot of people
it isn't even part of their purchasing decision process.

Dave

On 10/15/06, J. C. O'Connell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just pointing out that you cant just give a "total saved"
> Number to mean anything. You are also not countiing
> In lost sales/profits due to missing features which is just
> As relevant as cost savings per camera by removing them.
> jco

Of